Sunday, January 13, 2008

How do you spell relief?

S-C-H-O-O-L! That's right, school starts up again tomorrow morning! It's been a LONG and trying 3 weeks at home with my kids. While we have had lots of fun, a fabulous Holiday and two awesome weekends out of town I am SO ready to get back on track. The kids are ready too. I think they miss their friends and are tired of staring at these walls as much as I am.

I'm gearing up for a photography class that starts Jan. 22nd and my super fun trip to Vegas for a dear friend's Birthday on the 24th! I don't feel the pressure this go around to be as in shape mainly because it's cold in Vegas this time of year and I get to bundle up! Who wouldn't love to be off the hook and guilt free after coming off a two month long Holiday eating binge? I decided to bring the fixins for cocktails this time so we can have fun in our room as well as out and about. If you want a really yummy concoction try this:

3 oz. Rose's Mango Twist Mix
3 oz. Absolut New Orleans Mango Peppar vodka
3 oz. Orange juice
Shake until COLD and enjoy!

We made these last night and even my macho hubby loved it. He made quite the point to say he'd never order it out but he'd drink them any time I whip them up at home. I just rolled my eyes and laughed.

My Mother called this morning and requested my daughter Rylee (she's almost 6) and I to meet her for a GIRLS ONLY lunch and a shopping outing later. I wasn't impressed with the last minute request but who wouldn't enjoy some time out? I need to shower, dress us both and get the little one down for a nap while hubby and son stare like apes at the tv and eat potato chips while apparently do the male bonding thing over football. Did I mention I don't watch sports?? LOL

No comments: