Monday, January 14, 2008

Holy crap!

My Grandma found a lump in her breast a week ago. She freaked out and called my Mom who told her not to wait on getting it checked out. She went to the doctor the next morning and he sent her to the hospital for a mammogram. She went in and they actually found 2 lumps not one and one of them is rather large. She's on fish oil for her heart so they told her she had to wait a week for it to clear her system before doing the biopsy. It's been a VERY long week of worrying. She went in today at 2 pm for the biopsy and so far no news as far as I've been told. I called my Mom a while ago and she answered very abruptly and said she'd call me back and then just hung up. Not sure if she was on the phone with someone or what but I haven't heard back from her. I told myself that I would not come unglued until I had a reason to. The more I ponder the possibilities, the longer the list gets however what sticks in my mind the most is she lost a son to cancer. That weighs heavily with me. What is it going to do to my family if it's something bad? What if like my step-dad (her son) it's not fixable? I'm just not sure what to feel or what to say but I REALLY hope somehow it's an easy fix. This is not a good way to start off this year.

No comments: