Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring has sprung!

So many things to update on:

For starters my Grandma. She did great through her 2nd operation and has her first chemo next week! Please continue to pray for her to make it through this with ease.

We went to Disneyland for my daughter's 6th Birthday in early March. We had a BLAST! I swear I turn into a kid the second we hit the parking lot every time we go. I even get that monkey with cymbals thing going ha ha! It's just such a magical place. Oh, and eating at least 2 churros per day is a law LOL! They are my biggest weakness there. We got there late on Friday night and checked in to the hotel. The kids were all tired and cranky from being in the car for 4 hours and happily got out when we pulled up at 12:04 AM! Everywhere you look in the Disneyland Hotel is Mickey Mouse and the old world charm and imagination that Walt Disney left behind. There's an entire wall filled with framed photos of Walt w/ various famous people. Some date back to the very first day the park opened in 1955, I felt honored in a way to be there to see that and that it has all been preserved for generations to see. We spent the next two days wandering the park, running between rides and watching parades. My 2 year old got the most out of this trip that she has yet. Just to see the amazement of riding the rides, meeting the characters and just having a great time through my children's eyes is so neat for us! We celebrated my daughter turning 6 at the park at their event they hold on Sunday's for anyone having Birthday that month. It was a blast! We all got little cakes to decorate and eat! It's safe to say she felt very important all weekend! I got home and uploaded all 437 pictures from my camera and starting editing right away!

So, fast forward to this weekend... I spent the last two days at a scrapbooking event. Now we all can guess what on earth I'd have to possibly work on right?? I narrowed it down to 145 pics and almost got them all done. I'm on page 17 and have about 6 to go! I get teased by a lot of my friends that have not yet succumb to the crafty addiction otherwise known as scrapbooking. Hey, it's better than being hooked on crack or something right? I got home and my hubby took all 3 kids to the grocery store (which notes mild insanity) and was fixing a big family dinner when I walked in. I thought it was so sweet. I'd be so cranky had he been gone for 2 days and left me with the kids LOL! We had a nice meal and ended the weekend on a good note.

The dreaded in-laws are coming on Tues...KILL ME NOW! I swear I'm bing punished for something I did in a past life. We are like oil and vinegar. Even typing of their impending visit makes me take deep breaths. I'm dreading every second of it! Luckily, they live in Massachusetts and only come twice a year but each 3-4 day visit feels like a year and a fight always emerges between my Hubby and I no matter what. I'm positive there will be a hefty post about it when they leave so stay tuned on that one.

Don't know if I posted or not but my Hubby got a job after 2 weeks at home driving me insane ( I love the man don't get me wrong) and it's local so we're not moving either! He seems to really enjoy it so far and I have my house back just the way I like it run! :)

Tomorrow being St. Patty's Day and all I guess I have to get cracking on a recipe for Irish Soda Bread and something else authentic Irish being Irish and all. I got the kids cute little things to wear to school and a cute sign to hang by my front door. I will be somewhat distracted running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, cramming and slamming and mopping and scrubbing things before the in-laws arrive but I will make the time to make it special at some point before bed time lol.

I think that's all for now. I'll add on if anything else comes to mind. AS always, I appreciate those that read and comment!

Here's a little something special for tomorrow-

For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way-
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.

No comments: