Monday, February 11, 2008

Ugh my life!

In some serious need of...something. I feel like all aspects of my life are falling apart.

I went to Las Vegas for the 2nd time in a year for a girl's trip. Just like the last trip there was drama with one of the girls the whole weekend. The weather was freezing cold which to me is not Vegas at all. I did have a great time though and was glad I went. As usual getting home was not easy. My flight was canceled at the last minute but my luggage went without me. So, I got to spend the night in the airport without luggage to get on a plane the next morning and take 6 hours to get home vs. the 53 minute flight it normally takes. Ugh! I did finally get home though. I woke up the next day with viral plague that I probably caught in the airport and was down for the count with Influenza for 6 LONG days! I've NEVER been so sick in my life!

My Grandma got diagnosed with breast cancer. Not good. She underwent a full mastectomy about 10 days ago and is healing nicely when she gets the call that the biopsy of her breast that hand the lump shows that they didn't get it all. So she goes to the doctor and they tell her she needs another surgery in a few weeks and that she has to have chemo for sure now. Holy hell! This is WAY more than they had original thought. She's in her 60's and one court date away from being divorced for the 2nd time and lives alone. I'm really worried about her. My Mom has been traveling back and forth to keep her company and taking her to the doctor. I REALLY hope she makes it out of this.

So, last Thursday I get a text from my Husband that he was laid off and he'll be home soon. I write him back and tell him to knock it off and he wrote back saying he's serious. Sure enough about 3 hours later he showed up. We pretty much live paycheck to paycheck most months so I'm freaking out. He got a small severance and they paid him for his vacation time but it won't last forever. His phone rang off the hook that day as the news filtered down with concerned friends and co-workers. Lots of people asked for his resume and permission to give out his number. He's talked to a few people that may actually have jobs but they aren't local. He's on this big kick to move now which I want to but am afraid to take that step. It took me a long time to make friends here and the thought of starting over and uprooting the kids scares me to death. He's got a phone interview with someone new today. I just really hope something comes along soon.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yikes. Sucks that hubby was laid off, and your grandmother and all. How are you holding up?

I can relate to the uprooting kids and all, we have done it twice. Although, we could do it again... and I would not like it at all.

BUT, making new friends and being in new communities does have its pluses. It sounds as though you have some huge decisions to make... good luck.

Keep posting though, I would miss not reading!

Rhonda said...

p.s.... what does your hubby do?

Anonymous said...

Hi ,
I am sorry to hear about everthing you are facing. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer before Christmas. It is rough.

You are a great writer by the way. Very witty and easyto relate too.
Bless you

J.D. Scorpio said...

I agree with Dugans, you do have a way with words.
I know about, uprooting, I've had to do it several times, the worse time was many years ago when my 4kids were small. the landlord told us he sold the house and we had to move by Jan.1st and that was 2 days before Christmas.. Bummer!

And Dugans, sorry to hear about your mom....
JD